Ufone is now offering this unique service, which allows its customers to operate two Ufone numbers on one SIM. This feature can be handy forthose having two numbers at a time, maybe one for personal use and another for business usage.
With this service you will get a virtual number on your original number. Meaning two numbers on one SIM. With Double Number you can switch off your business number while keeping your other number open for family and friends or simply operate two businesses with one SIM.
How to use this service:
Subscribing to this service is simple. There are multiple ways to subscribe to this service:
Send SUB to 660
Dial *66# from your Ufone number
Once you subscribe to the service the system will randomly select an idle number from Double Number inventory. An SMS will be sent to your number:
“Your Double Number is 033XXXXXXXX. Charges Rs.30 + Tax / Month. Please dial 66 followed by any number and make calls from your Double Number.”
Example: if your assigned Double Number is 03335100011 and you want to make a call to 03331234567 you will dial 6603331234567. The receiver will receive the number from 03335100011.
Similarly to send an SMS to 03331234567 you will write the SMS and send it with the prefix “66” i.e.
Type message: “How are you?” and send it to 6603331234567.
The receiver will receive the SMS from 03335100011.
Both users can talk to each other whereas billing will be done to primary number on per minute basis.
If 03331234567 want to make call or SMS to 03335100011, user will simply dial 03335100011 and the call/SMS will be routed to 03335100012 (the primary number).
Additional features of the service are as follows which can be accessed through IVR 660:
- Users can switch off/on their Double Number any time or for specific time period.
- Bar a Caller – You will not receive calls from selected number on your Double Number.
- Bar All Callers – All incoming calls on Double Number will be blocked
- Unblock All Callers – All incoming calls on Double Number will be allowed
- Unblock a Caller – You will start receiving calls from number that you blocked.
- Subscription Charges: Rs.30+Tax/Mon (Re.1+Tax/Day from next month)
- Call Charges (On-Net/ Off-Net): Rs. 1.30+Tax per Minute
- SMS Charges (On-Net/ Off-Net): Rs.0.50+tax/SMS
- 660 IVR Charges: Re. 1+Tax/Minute
Terms and Conditions:
- Service will be available for both pre-paid and post-pay users.
- Users can get a Double number through an SMS/IVR & USSD.
- Only one Double number can be mapped against one primary number.
- Double Number will be provided to Ufone customers from an inventory, which is specifically reserved for this service.
- Billing will be done on Primary number only. Service is not designed for Incoming/Outgoing international roamers.
- International calls & SMS from double number will not be allowed.
- Double Number will be assigned against the primary number. Assigned MSISDNs will not be available for anyone else.
- Since Double number will be attached with active primary number hence customer’s record will also be available in Cares. Customer’s NIC or Passport Number is not required for the activation. Customer does not need to visit any Ufone service centre or franchise to obtain the DN.
- Balance transfer is not possible through Double number, as it will only be used for CLI purpose.
- Users can’t avail SMS and voice buckets on Double Number.
- Users having SMS buckets will be charged Rs.0.50/SMS for each sms they will send to Double Number.
- Users cannot port-out their Double number.
- Double number will automatically become idle after 6 months once the primary number port-out.
- If user has voice & SMS bucket & makes call or send SMS from DN then will be charged as per DN charges.
- Other VAS services cannot be used through DN.